Montgomery party of six

Montgomery party of six

Saturday, December 26, 2009

i am not so sure

i certainly don't consider myself a highly political person, or a political person by any means for that matter. to be completely honest i don't think politics will ever change the world in any tremendously significant direction, unless that direction is supremely negative. just one of the many downsides of being a diehard cynic. along those lines, i do believe that there is a line in this commercial that is the most absurd thing i have ever heard said about fatherhood.



while i fully agree with the statement "to be a great dad is the most important job in a man's life" i think the line "all it takes is a few minutes of your time" is absolutely ludicrous. perhaps joel osteen has figured out how to be "your best father now" in only 5 minutes a day, but in my world trying to be a good dad is the hardest and most time consuming thing i have ever done, and it is something i fail miserably at most of the time. i suppose something is better than nothing, but my temptation a lot of days is to check out, to pull my phone out of my pocket and distract myself, to retreat into a world totally focused on me. but like a friend of mine once told me, when you have two kids, the lie that life is about you is officially dead. either you own up to that reality, or you sit around and write blogs about youtube videos you have seen.

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

that was a little weard. I can't help but think just maybe that clip was a little eddited. Usualy that guy is well spoken and has alot to say. That was very short, and very not well spoken.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails