|the only picture i captured from isaac's preschool picnic. ryder didn't make it into the photos with the big kids and really wanted to be in a picture. can you see the tears?|
1. isaac's teachers take great care of him.
2. the other parents are kind and involved.
3. the students in this class treat each other like rock stars!
4. isaac has a very dear friend(terje) that seems to have a similar joyful personality. terje even refers to isaac as his best friend.
5. there's a lot of hand washing!(this is huge for a child with a low immune system!)
6. his teachers have learned how to put his hearing aids in and out so that he can wear them as much as possible. (this is huge!)
7. not everybody is white. let's hear it for diversity!!
8. isaac loves going to school!
9. ms. jennifer came to isaac's IEP to make sure she was on the same page as his speech teacher.
10. the school and families are outside of our usual community. i LOVE this and need this! my world gets bigger.
11. diver(one of the students) is an amazing little artist. he makes pictures for isaac! love that isaac continues to ask me to make pictures like diver. ha!
12. there's not a kid in the class that isaac doesn't enjoy (i guess i can't think of many people isaac doesn't enjoy:)).
i could go on and on, but these were the things that came to mind as i drove home from the picnic. so, yeah, we didn't get to see any adorable kid performances(maybe someday), but it did force me to really think about the things i love about isaac's preschool.